Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8, 2010

Today had to be the hottest day so far this year. While the news and weather reports are saying 98, I am pretty sure it passed 100. Its really hard to do anything when its this hot. We have both been avoiding the boat this week with the high temps but today Beth ventured out early to get things cleaned up and hopefully some of her list items taken care of. She has been busy making the boat into a home with nice touches and I like what she has done so far. My only rule is that things are functional. She has also been reading a lot lately about cruising, dogs on a boat, and other helpful topics. She is really starting to get excited about our trip.

While today was really hot, I finished the anti-siphon device for the head. This hasn't been an issue on the lake but in my reading, it was a necessity for being in the ocean. One more thing I got to cross off my list. It was a short work day as I took lunch to Beth on the boat and had other things I had to attend to.

The working definition of an "adventure" is a journey or an undertaking with an uncertain ending.
I came across this today and thought of the past adventures Beth and I have been on. The trip, which will be an adventure, will be our biggest and most exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment