Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday

Sunday started out with rain.  It wasn't the remnants of TS Harvey just a passing thunderstorm.  By 10 everything was clear and it was getting hot again.  I ventured out without my cane to take Catie for a walk and that went well.  In the afternoon, we all went to the pool, again without cane, and had a good time.  The knee is still a little swollen but much better than it has been for over a week.  We left J and Jerr at the pool and headed back to the boat to have dinner.  Oscar, one of the bar tenders, recognized us from one of our previous trips to the pool and was now working the lobby bar.  I have a feeling that is where J and Jer wound up because they were not on their boat at 11 pm.   Just before dinner, about dusk I played with one of the new lures I had purchased in Miami.  I had it on a light rod and was just tossing it around the dock.  I had a few hits but was unable to actually hook anything.  I was just about to head back to the boat for dinner when Wham, fish on.
It was taking drag and running wild.  It broke the surface but I wasn't able to see it.  I fought/played that fish for over 10 minutes.  I was yelling for Beth but she had the TV on and couldn't hear me.  At one point the fish jumped well over 10 feet though the water and I was able to get a good look at it.  It was a barracuda and over 4 ft long.  It was after the jump that he headed under the dock and wrapped my line around one of the poles cutting the line.  I was sad that I hadn't landed the fish but happy that I didn't have to take that monster off my line.  My lure was a hot pink tube and was gone.  But fortunately the tube part separated from the leader and it floats so after looking for a few minutes I found it.   Beth made a great meal of chicken cordon blue, home made mashed potatoes and spinach.  An absolute fantastic meal !

No comments:

Post a Comment