Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday

Let me start off with OUCH !  Sleep was restless as every time I moved, it hurt and woke me up.  I got up about 2am and took another pain pill.  Between the pain in my knee and butt, I just couldn't get comfortable.  I should have asked the doc to do the extraction on my left side as I generally sleep on my right and that area is quite tender right now.  I got up about 7:30 and the knee is quite swollen and very tender to walk on.
Just a little swollen

The range of motion is restricted by the swelling.  I assume that things are working and am hoping for the best.  I took a stroll downstairs for my morning diet coke and I am indeed moving slowly.

Beth went shopping and picked up the final stuff we need to take back and got a cane for me.

A wheelchair isn't necessary nor desired.  A cane keeps me mobile which exercises the joint as well as gives me a tool/weapon. The knee loosened up some this afternoon but remains quite swollen.  The package from home arrived this afternoon as well as the engine parts from boats.net. I have a feeling we will get hit with excess baggage but it will still be less expensive than paying international shipping and duties.  We decided on dinner at Outback and an early night to be ready to leave the motel at 4:30 am to make our flight out of Miami. Unfortunately that plan didn't happen because I took my afternoon pain killer on an empty stomach and when we went to dinner, I was really feeling ill.  Beth grabbed some take out and we went back to the motel to organize and try to catch some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment